“Do not mistake acquirement of mere knowledge for power. Like food, these things must be digested and assimilated to become life or force. Learning is not wisdom; knowledge is not necessarily vital energy. The student who has to cram through school or a college course, who has made himself merely a receptacle for the teacher’s thoughts and ideas, is not educated; he has not gained much. He is a reservoir, not a fountain. One retains, the other gives forth. Unless his knowledge is converted into wisdom, into faculty, it will become stagnant like still water.”
—J.E. Dinger, Leaves of Gold
About a year ago I wrote down this mission statement for Ibriz Media. It feels odd and artificial to use a plural and say “We at XYZ…,” when the reality is that Ibriz Media is simply one person, myself. So Ibriz Media’s Mission Statement is more like a personal mission statement, at least as it applies to the craft that Allah has placed me in for the past decade.
Ibriz Media’s Mission Statement
The Mission of Ibriz Media is to:
- Spread Muhammadan Beauty to as many people as possible through
- Translating seminal works about every facet of the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace)
- Producing original works in English that address the spiritual and social needs of the Prophet’s Umma—both the Umma of invitation (non-Muslims) and the Umma of acceptance (Muslims)
- Organizing educational courses and retreats focused on strengthening connection to the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) and becoming a realized human through his broad Path
- Be a means of healing—as a manifestation of Muhammadan Concern—for the spiritual, physical, emotional, and psychological traumas and pains of the modern world, by building awareness of the Prophetic way of balance and equilibrium in all aspects of life: health, wealth, and knowledge of self
- Be a resource for
- Spiritual and educational media concerning the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace)
- Addressing misconceptions regarding the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) and correcting false beliefs that seek to diminish his lofty rank and status as the Perfect Man and Quintessential Realized Human Being
- Work with any organization that seeks to realize the above-mentioned objectives
- Establish Muhammadan Gatherings—circles of communion and remembrance where people can come together and rejoice in and celebrate the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace).
I kindly ask for your prayers and thank you for your support over all these years.
—Abdul Aziz Suraqah